Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2018, 10:25 PM   #1

Pentax O-ICK1 gel stick and IBIS

Hi all

I have a Pentax O-ICK1 which I'm planning to use to clean some stubborn bits off a micro four thirds camera (Panasonic GX8). However, I've read on occasion that other gel sticks like the Eyelead ones can be very sticky and take some force to remove, thus potenially damaging the IBIS mechanism. My plan was to use it with the camera on as this should prevent the IBIS mechanism from being able to move around.

With that in mind, would it still be OK to use? I would assume the Pentax SR and other IBIS systems would all be fairly similar?

If anyone has used both the Pentax and Eyelead gel sticks, how do their 'stickiness' compare?

Thanks

11-11-2018, 06:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Iíve used the O-ICK1 a couple of times with my K-01 and K1 with no problems.

I didnít notice it requiring much force to remove.

I will note the stick is marked for the Pentax flange distance so you know when youíre about to hit the sensor, and that visual aid wonít work with the Panasonic...

-Eric
11-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The O-ICK1 works great on any sensor. But the level of adhesion to the sensor can be a bit nerve wracking the first time through. I'd recommend a good stiff drink before and after, just to settle the nerves, LOL!