Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2018, 04:09 AM   #1

Pentax LX Shutter Goo

I just bought a Pentax LX on ebay and when it arrived I noticed it has some type of goo on the shutter. I posted in a facebook group and consensus seems to be that it might be some kind of light seal or other deterioration that got onto the shutter. I emailed the only Pentax repair person who I know as well to see if he had any ideas.

I can return the camera, but I'm wondering if this is something that I should even worry about? Can I fix it? Thank you for any advice.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
11-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like light seal foam.
11-17-2018, 12:07 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
Looks like light seal foam.
My thought also. I’m wondering if someone replaced the light seals and dropped a piece of the foam on the shutter.
11-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #4

I noticed something similar in my first-generation LX when I purchased it brand new, but never gave it too much attention to it: it worked 98% of time.

11-19-2018, 01:20 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Does the camera work otherwise? If so I wouldn't worry too much about it.