Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #1

K1 mkii Interval shooting Icon in Drive Menu problem?

Hello All,
After pressing the “up” button in the drive menu the following icons light up: single frame shooting, continuous shooting, self timer, remote control, bracketing, mirror lock up shooting and multiple exposure . INT, however, does not light up and does not allow me access to any of the features of that mode.

I have read the user manual regarding interval shooting, however, the instructions assume that once your press the up button in the drive menu that the interval shooting icon will light up . I have a manual focus lens on the camera and I have the K-1 set to manual focus .

I am at a loss as to what to try next any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

11-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rml63 Quote
Hello All,
After pressing the “up” button in the drive menu the following icons light up: single frame shooting, continuous shooting, self timer, remote control, bracketing, mirror lock up shooting and multiple exposure . INT, however, does not light up and does not allow me access to any of the features of that mode.

I have read the user manual regarding interval shooting, however, the instructions assume that once your press the up button in the drive menu that the interval shooting icon will light up . I have a manual focus lens on the camera and I have the K-1 set to manual focus .

I am at a loss as to what to try next any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
Are you in B exposure mode by any chance ?
11-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #3

K1 mkii Interval shooting Icon in Drive Menu problem?

çok problem çıkartıyormu
11-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #4

Original Poster
I have the camera set “M” but still not working?

Mike

11-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mike
I just tried my K1 with a M-series manual lens. In M exposure mode , AF set to Manual I can access the INT menu just fine.

Hopefully a K1 II owner can try.
11-23-2018, 09:46 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Mike
Have you consulted the compatibility table in the K-1ii user manual (p108)? If electronic shutter or pixel shift modes are in use, that may be your source of problem.

Steve
11-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #7

Original Poster
Right you are Steve, Electronic shutter was the problem . I have only been through the manual twice I forgot about the Restrictions Chart. Well done.

Thanks
Mike

11-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Right you are Steve, Electronic shutter was the problem . I have only been through the manual twice I forgot about the Restrictions Chart. Well done.

Thanks
Mike
Electronic Shutter is a Live View mode. LV uses far more battery power that optical view. Using LV for interval shooting is going to run your battery down much quicker.