Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2018, 01:53 PM   #1

K-30 Red and Pink Screenflashes

Recently my Pentax K-30 screen started flashing red and pink/purple. After a couple of seconds the screens turns off and a high pitched tone remains inside the body.. when i leave out the batteries for a couple of minutes the camera starts again as usual but after some seconds the screen starts doing its weird thing again...
Last thing i dit before the first incident was taking a 5 min exposure and after the exposure the camera didnt seem to show the image due its long processing time... after a long time i turned it off and the the screenflashing started when i turned it back on...

Anyone with similar experiences or help? I still have my K-5 but i need both for different things

11-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

I am not sure, but I believe that may be your K-30's way of telling you, "I'm dying!".

Steve
11-25-2018, 02:44 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Before writing the camera off, check the batteries. If you're using AA's, try a new set and a different type of battery to see if the problem goes away.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-25-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Long exposures, from what I've read, make the camera's sensor heat up. Battery drain is there as well. Maybe fully charge the battery and see what happens.

11-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigNogger Quote
after the exposure the camera didnt seem to show the image due its long processing time...
That is the norm when Long Exposure NR is set to ON or Auto. When an exposure longer than one second is made, the camera does a second "dark frame" exposure of the same time span for with background subtraction of noise pixels. A five minute exposure results in five additional minutes for the dark frame step. That may have been happening in your case, but perhaps not, it the time went beyond five minutes.

Steve