Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #1

Pentax K2000, Memory Card Error

Hi, I'm new to photographic and I recently bought a Used Pentax K2000 just for starters. I've shot some nice photos with it, but now every time I place a memory card inside it tell me " Memory Card Error" nothing more.

12-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #2

What size is the memory card? Check the compatibility in the manual. Some newer "bigger" cards might not work with an older camera.
12-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's easy to accidentally lock the card using the tab on the side- is this what happened?

A couple other options- make sure you're using a compatible card (<= 32Gb) and try formatting the card in-camera.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K1N8 Quote
What size is the memory card? Check the compatibility in the manual. Some newer "bigger" cards might not work with an older camera.
It's a 16gb Kingston SDHC

---------- Post added 12-12-18 at 09:28 AM ----------

I also tried a microSDHC in an adaptor to see if that might work.

12-12-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm with Adam. Use only SDHC (32GB and smaller) cards, check that you haven't accidentally write protected them, and then just format them in camera. I would also suggest staying away from microSDHC cards in an adapter, apart from testing, as you are just introducing one extra spot for things to go wrong. I would think your best bet would be to try a few different cards in the camera and then try them in the computer. It may be that you have a bad card, or it may be that the camera is having issues with its card slot. Also if the card woks in the computer, fails in the camera, and then it has problems when put back in the computer then there is something clearly wrong with the camera.
12-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
I'm with Adam. Use only SDHC (32GB and smaller) cards, check that you haven't accidentally write protected them, and then just format them in camera. I would also suggest staying away from microSDHC cards in an adapter, apart from testing, as you are just introducing one extra spot for things to go wrong. I would think your best bet would be to try a few different cards in the camera and then try them in the computer. It may be that you have a bad card, or it may be that the camera is having issues with its card slot. Also if the card woks in the computer, fails in the camera, and then it has problems when put back in the computer then there is something clearly wrong with the camera.
Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I'll be sure MossyRocks to try all of your suggestions.
12-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by supremeleader Quote
I'll be sure MossyRocks to try all of your suggestions.
I hope it helps. I have a K2000 and while I don't use is as often as I use to I would like to know if there is a problem I should keep an eye out for.
12-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Once, my KX, gives the same error; it happens to be a bend pin inside the SD card slot. Service solved.