Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

My K-3 won't turn on

Hi! My K-3 body (probably 5 years old at this point, 20-30,000 shutter count) stopped working today-- it won't turn on. I tried the obvious and used a different battery that I knew was charged, tried with and without memory cards and lens, in different camera modes, etc., and nothing worked.

Is there anything else I should try, or is it time to move on?

Thanks!

12-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
After all the things that you tried, my first thought was perhaps the battery contacts inside the camera body may be dirty/oxidized and not making contact.
You could try applying a LITTLE WD40 ( or similar ) to your battery with a cotton bud and insert,remove,insert,remove................the battery a few times to try and clean the terminals. Other than that, I am stumped. Good luck...........................and Merry Christmas.
12-24-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
After all the things that you tried, my first thought was perhaps the battery contacts inside the camera body may be dirty/oxidized and not making contact.
You could try applying a LITTLE WD40 ( or similar ) to your battery with a cotton bud and insert,remove,insert,remove................the battery a few times to try and clean the terminals. Other than that, I am stumped. Good luck...........................and Merry Christmas.
I'm guessing that's probably not it, because it turned on in the morning and refused to turn on just a few hours later. But yeah, that's still a great thought and definitely worth trying.

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you, too!
12-24-2018, 10:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Pentax k-3 will not power on - PentaxForums.com

^ Take a look at this thread.

12-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Pointing me to that thread was immensely helpful. Thank you so much!