Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2018, 07:06 PM   #1

Focus select in live view

New to ks2. Trying to get the focus select working in live view. According to the manual I should long press the center button and then use the left-right and up-down keys to move focus point. My long press just zooms into the scene. What am I doing wrong - any
help will be much appreciated.

12-30-2018, 08:58 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I use a K-S2 as well
I believe that by default the contrast autofocus is set to auto. To change it and do as you wish (select your focus point in live view) you should look into the third page of the picture menu, there is the live view option, press it and change "Contrast AF" to select (the small rectangle with four arrows around it). Now you should be able to long press the OK button to select your autofocus point, take note that a single press will just zoom the live view.

It's a bit cumbersome to change, but if you use this option frequently you can save it to one of the User slots on the mode dial.
12-30-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Indeed, look for the 1st icon from the left in the third row of the control panel, or in the main menu as state above. Once you've enabled select mode, you'll be able to change the focus area as expected.

Note that select CDAF is typically slower than multi-point mode, but it does allow you to pinpoint the focus point accurately.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-31-2018, 09:05 AM   #4

Original Poster
Wow thanks guys for the quick reply.

I should have added more details in my post. I already did change the focus mode to select. It doesn’t work, I am starting to think that something is wrong with my camera. Do I need to return it or is it a software glitch which can be fixed through an update.