Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
They replaced the main electric board under warranty.
Thanks, for the quick reply. I'll probably send mine in since I am under warranty, now I just need to secure a body to use in the meantime... =/

09-25-2019, 08:25 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nosliwmit Quote
I have a new K-1 II (2 weeks). Twice, maybe 3 times, it has made a beep of some sort when I pressed the trigger but wouldn't take a photo. In each case I assumed I'd bumped something and, as I was in a hurry to get a shot, I turned it off and then back on and all was good. If it happens again I'll pay more attention to symptoms and settings.
That sound's like the ol newbie K-1 camera owner fault, which happened to my K-1 on my first outing with it.

The default setting of the K-1 allows the 4-way selector to operate, which is very sensitive to bumps or hugging your K-1 too tight with your face, sending the K-1 to never-never land (timed delay, multiple exposures, and other functions). It's wise to press the small button just above and to the right of the 4-way selector which changes the mode of the 4-way selector to "select AF spot location". That locks out all those other modes and if you do bump the 4-way, it will just change the AF spot which shows in your viewfinder and is easy to reset.

It's a simple matter to press that small button again if you want to put the 4-way back into mode select. (I believe you can also lock out the 4-way selector in the menu but it's harder to undo).
09-25-2019, 09:01 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paolojackson Quote
Thanks, for the quick reply. I'll probably send mine in since I am under warranty, now I just need to secure a body to use in the meantime... =/
With mine it was very easy to replicate the problem. High continuous shutter mode and it would pack up after 3 frames. Document it. Nothing worse than an item coming back with the comment "no fault found"
09-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Great idea, I'll give it a go tonight. Thanks again.

10-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Well I spent quite some time trying to recreate the problem and no issues. I suppose that is a good thing, but then if if pops up again, then it's terrible since I have little warranty time left, but I don't want to be without camera for who knows how long \_(ツ)_/