Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #1

Kr How to Leave Shutter Open

I'm trying to do star trails with this Pentax Kr...Can't seem to find a way to go past 30 seconds. Any suggestions as to how I can force the shutter to stay open for 5-10 minutes...? Like my old Pentax film camera which had the "B" setting it...

Thanks,

Rodney

01-11-2019, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Beachbum Quote
I'm trying to do star trails with this Pentax Kr...Can't seem to find a way to go past 30 seconds. Any suggestions as to how I can force the shutter to stay open for 5-10 minutes...? Like my old Pentax film camera which had the "B" setting it...

Thanks,

Rodney
In M mode, if you scroll past 30 seconds, you should be able to access B.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Not doing it. After I get to 30 seconds, the word BULB comes up...Will not go past this. I've checked all the setting adjustments in the Menu mode. Nothing about leaving shutter open to over ride this bulb feature...

Rodney
01-11-2019, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bulb is B. It leaves the shutter open when you press the shutter till you turn it off with a press. Or it will leave the shutter open as long as you hold the shutter down. Don't know on that model. There is probably a way to switch between the 2 ways in the menu.

01-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Would like to thank, Docrwm for solving my problem...On the Pentax Kr the 'Bulb' setting is the B setting. I just did a test on it with my remote hand controller, and it works great! So, that was the fix, Bulb = B Setting....

Thanks again Docrwm...!
01-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Bulb is B. It leaves the shutter open when you press the shutter till you turn it off with a press. Or it will leave the shutter open as long as you hold the shutter down. Don't know on that model. There is probably a way to switch between the 2 ways in the menu.
Yes, the Bulb, is B setting.