Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #1

K-70 Battery Drain

Hi all,

About 18 months ago I purchased a Pentax K-70 which has performed very nicely.

In recent months I sent it back to the shop I purchased it from for a free body, lens and mirror clean.

Since then unfortunately, leaving a fully charged battery in the camera (with the camera switched off) drains the battery fully within a day or two. Previously, I was able to leave the battery in the camera and this issue did not occur. I assume the shop reset all camera settings to default in some way during the cleaning, or otherwise changed particular settings.

So at the moment I need to remove the battery after taking photos to avoid battery drain. As you can imagine, this is frustrating when putting the battery back in and having to reset the date and time before taking a photo. I purchased a new battery and the same issues occurs with it, so I'm confident it isn't a battery issue.

I've been through the manual and the settings to see if I can find what may be causing this, but am at a loss.

Does anyone have any suggestions about which setting/s may cause this issue, or if it might be something else? Should I try resetting the camera to factory defaults and see if that helps the problem?

Look forward to any advice you may have.

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

01-20-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Something beyond settings has happened. Some kind of short circuit, may be.
The fact that you have to set the date and time after putting back your battery shows something wrong with the hardware. You shouldn't have to do this in a properly working camera.
01-20-2019, 10:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
Something beyond settings has happened. Some kind of short circuit, may be.
The fact that you have to set the date and time after putting back your battery shows something wrong with the hardware. You shouldn't have to do this in a properly working camera.
Thanks very much for your feedback. I will contact the supplier and see what they say. Hopefully since the hardware issue happened during the clean I won't have to pay to repair!

Thanks again.