Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2019, 04:13 AM   #16
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am more than happy with my Pentax K70, does all I want and possibly a little too much more, but that is technology for you. I may have an issue with the short time in which the battery takes to deplete itself, but that may be me. The Pentax K500 had the ability to use penlight rechargeable batteries by means of an insert that slotted into the battery chamber. The same does not apply with the Pentax K70, unfortunately.

10-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joerotheray Quote
I am more than happy with my Pentax K70, does all I want and possibly a little too much more, but that is technology for you. I may have an issue with the short time in which the battery takes to deplete itself, but that may be me. The Pentax K500 had the ability to use penlight rechargeable batteries by means of an insert that slotted into the battery chamber. The same does not apply with the Pentax K70, unfortunately.
The K-30 and K-50, as well as the related K-500, did use AA-batteries, but no Pentax camera since then has. In some sense, that is no great loss since the AA-batteries had even less ‘life’ to them than the ‘weak’ ‘small’ D-Lion battery does.
10-22-2019, 06:14 AM   #18
Forum Member

Handy

I found rechargeable NI AA batteries quite handy. They tend to last for an extended period.
10-22-2019, 06:50 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by joerotheray Quote
I found rechargeable NI AA batteries quite handy. They tend to last for an extended period.
Same for me - I like this feature of my K-50.
On the other hand, that requires a bigger battery compartment, so there is less space inside the camera for other components. Thus, I understand why Ricoh dropped this idea.