Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2019, 03:55 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K3ll EV Use

Hi,
I usually shoot in TAV mode with my K3ll to give me a decent amount of control. In the camera manual it shows that in this mode (TAV) you can also adjust the EV function. However when taking a shot in TAV mode it makes no difference what EV figure I set, it has no impact.
Am I miss-reading the manual or is there a further setting I should be adjusting?

Andrew

02-05-2019, 04:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Check your ISO setting when you use exposure compensation. I thought TAV locked in Shutter Speed and Aperture and varied ISO to obtain the correct exposure.

Regards

Chris
02-05-2019, 04:34 AM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Chris.
This is what I thought but the manual indicates different (Or do I miss-read it). See page 40.

Andrew
02-05-2019, 05:17 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
you might want to consider getting the Ebook for the K 3 and K 3 II

check with vendor for current pricing:

Pentax eBooks all 40% off until the end of 2018! - PentaxForums.com

02-05-2019, 06:36 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VolvoKid Quote
Hi Chris.
This is what I thought but the manual indicates different (Or do I miss-read it). See page 40.

Andrew
Think you are mis-reading it.

EC in TAv mode will compensate by increasing/decreasing the ISO by the amount of EC you have dialed in.

There are two situations where the EC compensation will fail:

1. if you dial + compensation which would take the ISO above the limit you have set for Auto ISO. Solution is to remove or raise the limit on Auto ISO.

2. when you dial in - compensation and this would take the ISO below the minimum (100).

---------- Post added 02-05-19 at 01:44 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by VolvoKid Quote
However when taking a shot in TAV mode it makes no difference what EV figure I set, it has no impact
You have written EV. Are you actually meanung EC (exposure compensation) ? Or something else ?
02-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Think you are mis-reading it.

EC in TAv mode will compensate by increasing/decreasing the ISO by the amount of EC you have dialed in.

There are two situations where the EC compensation will fail:

1. if you dial + compensation which would take the ISO above the limit you have set for Auto ISO. Solution is to remove or raise the limit on Auto ISO.

2. when you dial in - compensation and this would take the ISO below the minimum (100).
The camera should tell you in either case by the ISO setting flashing on all of the displays. Any blinking/flashing display means some conflict between settings and limits.