Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2019, 11:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-3 ISO reset + AF Point/Metering selection

Hello,

I just recently acquired a used K-3... and the settings in the camera made it so the ISO would reset back to ISO 100, each time I turned the camera on. I don't know what setting made this happen or how to turn it off/on? I reset all the settings and its back to keeping the ISO prior to turning it off (like I'm used to)... but, just for curiosity. How do I do this??

Also, I can't seem to find in the menu where it is to change the Focal Points or Metering. I've been having to go to the INFO screen to change either. It has just always been in the photo menu (in K-5 + K-1).

02-08-2019, 12:10 AM   #2

press your menu button
In the 4th screen for camera, you'll find Memory
It's likely the Sensitivity option was deselected

---------- Post added 02-08-19 at 01:18 AM ----------

I couldn't find a menu option for af either, but you can use the top lcd for choosing the focus mode. Press the Af Mode button on the left side of the mount and use the front and rear dials to change the settings.

---------- Post added 02-08-19 at 01:21 AM ----------

And you can use the delete button / meter button with the dials too, to change the metering via the top lcd
02-08-2019, 07:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by landofcourtness Quote
Hello,

I just recently acquired a used K-3... and the settings in the camera made it so the ISO would reset back to ISO 100, each time I turned the camera on. I don't know what setting made this happen or how to turn it off/on? I reset all the settings and its back to keeping the ISO prior to turning it off (like I'm used to)... but, just for curiosity. How do I do this??

Also, I can't seem to find in the menu where it is to change the Focal Points or Metering. I've been having to go to the INFO screen to change either. It has just always been in the photo menu (in K-5 + K-1).
Not sure about the ISO thing, I've never heard of that being done before (defaulting to ISO 100 when powered on).
Now regarding the Focus points, you won't find that in the menu because there is no menu for it (There is one for live view focus options though).
On side of the lens mount area from top to bottom is RAW/FX, AF Mode, then the AF/MF selector switch.
To change the Focal points, you'll have to press and hold the AF mode button and cycle through the modes using the rear dial (you'll see a little icon on the rear LCD).
Front dial changes from AF.S to AF.C, to AF.A.
Rear dial goes through Spot, Auto 27, Auto 9, SEL (which is what you're looking for), SEL with 9 point tracking, 25 point, 27 point
You can have one focus type set for AF.S and a different one for AF.C.
On the back of the camera just to the right of the 4 way controller/button whatever you want to call it thing is a button that has 4 arrows and little SD card icons labelled 1 and 2. That button is what you press and hold to switch from camera modes labelled on the 4 way controller to changing focus points when using SEL Focus mode (SEL = Select).

Hope this made sense