Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-18-2019, 08:02 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
SD card problem with K70

Greetings,
A few month ago I purchased a cheap SD card in emergency for obvious shootings reasons, but it recently broke, and I had to force-take it off of the SD card slot of my K70. Since then, I bought another good SD card this time, but it won't eject anymore and I have to force using a plier to take it off..... Did the crappy SD card broke the ejection system ? And if yes, is there a way to fix it or do I have to use the warranty ?

Thanks in advance

02-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seems likely the card slot broke and was the problem to start with. But maybe I'm misunderstanding.
02-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
OKAY I just figured out why it don't work. The card that broke in the camera left a part of it in the slot, behind the contact pins. I'm trying to take it off but it really does not want... And I'm quite afraid of breaking the contact pins with the paperclip I'm using
02-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yikes! Maybe a local repair shop can help.

02-18-2019, 09:01 AM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
Woo okay I took it off without breaking anything. The first cool thing that happened this day.... What a difficult day. Sorry for telling my life but in the same day I : Lost a SD card, got a flu, stuck my pentacon 6 to PK adapter on my Kaleinar 3B (even with WD40 it does not come off) and forgot ALL MY batteries and chargers while on a trip.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-18-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Edited to comply with forum rules
02-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

take it easy; may be slow down for a bit. Hopefully you and your equipment gets better soon.
02-18-2019, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RedTurian Quote
Woo okay I took it off without breaking anything. The first cool thing that happened this day.... What a difficult day. Sorry for telling my life but in the same day I : Lost a SD card, got a flu, stuck my pentacon 6 to PK adapter on my Kaleinar 3B (even with WD40 it does not come off) and forgot ALL MY batteries and chargers while on a trip.
Wow. Hang in there.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-18-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Updated quoted post
02-18-2019, 03:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You can't change the stuff life throws at you, but you can change your reaction to it. Life is too short to get all worked up about a few minor setbacks...it's only stuff.
02-18-2019, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

The trick is to respond rather than react. And remember to BREATHE!
02-19-2019, 03:34 AM   #10

Original Poster
well....

maybe next time I have a flu I'll avoid writing such things, haha. I'm perfectly fine by the way. I'll just rest and everything will be okay :P

Sorry for telling my life that's something I hate above every other things.

And sorry to the moderators for the unreasonnable use of the "F-word", tiredness got me a little too keyboard happy I think.

Anyway this topic is close now. Morale of the story : Don't buy cheapo SD cards, be careful when trying to repair things by yourself, and don't write comments with 39° of fever

Thanks for responding by the way, what a lovely community