Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #1

K-x firmware update

Hi, I am trying to update the firmware on my K-x to 1.0.3 from 1.0.0 in order to use SDXC cards.
If I press MENU and power on at the same time without a card, I see the firmware version.
If I put fwdc206b.bin at the root of the 16 GB SDHC card that I usually use in that camera, press MENU and turn it on, the screen stays blank. The instructions says that it should display "NOW LOADING" and then "PROGRAM UPDATE", but there is nothing at all.
Am I doing something wrong? is there any chance of upgrading to a newer firmware?

02-23-2019, 09:41 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The filename should be all caps. Apart from this is sounds like you've done everything correctly, but do check these troubleshooting steps:
Pentax Firmware Update Guide - Tutorial Videos | PentaxForums.com

Also, make sure that the battery is fully charged, because otherwise the update may not start.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you so much, the solution was in the video! I had emptied the card, but not reformatted it in the camera.