Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2019, 03:23 AM   #1

Kaf2 Lens on Kaf3 body.

Hi. Got a Samsung GX10 that is a Kaf2 mount and I'm thinking of ungrading to the K3ii as I believe it is better for sport/action shots. My question is will my Kaf2 lens fit this body and will all the features work both on the lenses and body? Thanks Jason.

03-06-2019, 03:38 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aesdj Quote
Hi. Got a Samsung GX10 that is a Kaf2 mount and I'm thinking of ungrading to the K3ii as I believe it is better for sport/action shots. My question is will my Kaf2 lens fit this body and will all the features work both on the lenses and body? Thanks Jason.
Yes, all K-mount lenses will work on the K-3ii camera.
See this chart for compatibility: The Pentax Camera Lens Compatibility Chart

To check a specific lens with a specific camera, go here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/compatibility/
03-06-2019, 04:11 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

the chart about the different Pentax lens series and terminology is also helpful:

http://www.mosphotos.com/PentaxLensesExplained.html
03-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Older Pentax lenses will always work on newer bodies. Feel free to use the compatibility checker linked above, but you should be good to go.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: