Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2019, 09:50 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Neewer remote doesn't close the shutter

I've been looking for an answer to this but I can't seem to find much info.

A little while back I picked up a Neewer EZz-C1 through some deal on Amazon or something. Well, I finally had a chance to mess with it and I'm running into an issue. Connected to my K3-II, it seems to be setup correctly and when I initiate the timer it does the delay and then begins the exposure by opening the shutter. However, when that timer runs out, the shutter never closes. I can use the manual shutter button to close the shutter just fine.

I have reached out to Neewer but figured I'd throw up a post here to see if anyone has had an issue like this of if anyone has this same remote and can verify that it does indeed work as it should on the K3-II. Maybe there is a Bulb setting that I'm missing?

Thanks

Edit: Yep, it was a setting for Bulb. I had it on Setting 2 which requires a press of the shutter at the start and stop of an exposure. Switching to Setting 1 fixed the issue. As soon as I typed the end of the post above I had a feeling I knew what it was.

Well, please disregard and delete if necessary. Or, maybe this will help someone in the future.

Last edited by colonel00; 03-08-2019 at 09:55 PM.
03-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #2
Pentaxian

There is a bulb mode setting in C7 which sets it to either shutter operation or intervalor operation like you are using.
03-08-2019, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
I had it on Setting 2 which requires a press of the shutter at the start and stop of an exposure. Switching to Setting 1 fixed the issue.
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Or, maybe this will help someone in the future.
Hey Brad, glad you got it sorted out. This info will add to the " fixes " on the forums.