Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #46
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
The k-3 replacement is just around the corner, I'd hold off until they announce it if your not in a rush
is this the " soon to be released " K 3 replacement rumored for several years now?

I wouldn't hold my breath that it is coming soon

04-25-2019, 05:24 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
is this the " soon to be released " K 3 replacement rumored for several years now?

I wouldn't hold my breath that it is coming soon
I'd get a KP for about $700 which will be less than the K-3ii replacement and offer 90% of what the replacement. whenever it may be coming, will offer...DSLR's are reaching their zenith at this point--sure, a little faster focus, etc. but the KP has the accelerator allowing for 819,000 ISO...is it useable? I've never wasted my time trying it. But it has proven to have useable images to 25k and the small fill in flash covers the rest in a pinch.

I agree with 'Slyfox": if you wait for new technology while having a present need, you'll be waiting a long time instead of upgrading to what you can use now. Image quality has priven better on the KP and having used both, I agree....
04-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
I'd get a KP for about $700 which will be less than the K-3ii replacement and offer 90% of what the replacement. whenever it may be coming, will offer...DSLR's are reaching their zenith at this point--sure, a little faster focus, etc. but the KP has the accelerator allowing for 819,000 ISO...is it useable? I've never wasted my time trying it. But it has proven to have useable images to 25k and the small fill in flash covers the rest in a pinch.

I agree with 'Slyfox": if you wait for new technology while having a present need, you'll be waiting a long time instead of upgrading to what you can use now. Image quality has priven better on the KP and having used both, I agree....
Merv-O,
I did get the KP, and am very happy with it. I added the DA 20-40, DA 35 Macro, and DA 200. I also use my FA Limiteds. It's been a nice addition to my K-1.
05-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TerryL Quote
I got the KP and absolutely love it! The build quality is excellent. The small size is not a problem if you just cradle the camera and lens in your free hand. It's very comfortable to hold. Thanks everyone.
Terry
So, Terry - I gave up on photography back in the early 1980s, bought a K50 late 2018, now in the market for a K70 or KP, leaning now towards the KP.

"absolutely love it" sounds very pro.

Too early for some sample pics?

05-05-2019, 01:52 PM - 1 Like   #50
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
So, Terry - I gave up on photography back in the early 1980s, bought a K50 late 2018, now in the market for a K70 or KP, leaning now towards the KP.

"absolutely love it" sounds very pro.

Too early for some sample pics?
Most photos I've posted since late last year were taken with the KP I purchased on Black Friday.
They are all downsized for posting, but I've been thrilled by what I get.
Iso 25600! - PentaxForums.com
Emperor of the Feeder - PentaxForums.com
Thieving Blue Jays II - PentaxForums.com

added:
my wife is retiring at the month, so the college that she has worked for the past years gave her a rocking chair. I had to use ISO 25600 again to get an ambient light photo, but I am definitely pleased with the results
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Last edited by reh321; 05-07-2019 at 02:37 PM.
05-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like the shot, reh321.

Perfectly captures the way cats like to find the highest perch in a room, and then say "this spot's mine - find your own!"

I can almost imagine the indignant "Meow" when the rocker was to be unboxed.

Yes, natural light always seems better than flash for interior shots, when you can use it.

Oh, I followed up those links - nice bird feed shots!
05-09-2019, 07:19 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As others have said, the KP or K 1 ( 1 or 2 ) will take excellent photos, so will the K3-II..... I myself use the K3-II as it offers almost everything I want....to me more so than the others.... the other Pentax cameras may offer what you want,, only you can decide that.
05-09-2019, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stihlmania Quote
As others have said, the KP or K 1 ( 1 or 2 ) will take excellent photos, so will the K3-II..... I myself use the K3-II as it offers almost everything I want....to me more so than the others.... the other Pentax cameras may offer what you want,, only you can decide that.
Because the K-3 II has been around for so long, its wonderfulness is taken for granted sometimes.

05-09-2019, 09:11 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Most photos I've posted since late last year were taken with the KP I purchased on Black Friday.
They are all downsized for posting, but I've been thrilled by what I get.
Iso 25600! - PentaxForums.com
Emperor of the Feeder - PentaxForums.com
Thieving Blue Jays II - PentaxForums.com

added:
my wife is retiring at the month, so the college that she has worked for the past years gave her a rocking chair. I had to use ISO 25600 again to get an ambient light photo, but I am definitely pleased with the results
I'm sorry - I have to ask!

Why is your space shuttle brown?