Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shooting speed issue

My k3 has developed an irritating issue. Every time I turn it on, it's back in single shot mode and I have to stop what I'm doing and put it back on fast shooting mode. Since I usually grab my camera to take pics of wildlife in my yard, I miss a lot of nice shots because I can only take one pic at a time. Is this a setting I've inadvertently activated or is there a work around I'm not aware of?

03-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rocdoc1 Quote
My k3 has developed an irritating issue. Every time I turn it on, it's back in single shot mode and I have to stop what I'm doing and put it back on fast shooting mode. Since I usually grab my camera to take pics of wildlife in my yard, I miss a lot of nice shots because I can only take one pic at a time. Is this a setting I've inadvertently activated or is there a work around I'm not aware of?
It will be in the memory settings. tells the camera what settings to keep or revert to default.
03-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
t will be in the memory settings. tells the camera what settings to keep or revert to default.
Aye I was just thinking that was the way myself, well certainly on the K1s it works that way.
03-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Camera 4 you can set what settings are saved. Drive mode is what you want.

Alternatively you could create a user mode with the desired settings.

03-16-2019, 01:27 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rocdoc1 Quote
My k3 has developed an irritating issue. Every time I turn it on, it's back in single shot mode and I have to stop what I'm doing and put it back on fast shooting mode.
As noted above, this behavior is managed with menu --> record mode 4 --> Memory.

If I remember correctly, the factory default is for the camera to remember its drive mode between power cycles. I have my K-3 configured to forget.

Steve