Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
There are many threads on this subject in the K-30&K-50 section, unfortunately.

This guy has the most experience
Manual solenoid replacement Pentax K30 / Discharge flash-condenser / Solenoid choice - PentaxForums.com

Another option, the one I chose even though it offends some here, was to use only those lenses which have an aperture ring, because they enable you to set aperture at the lens, thereby bypassing the faulty aperture-controlling mechanism in the body. That method is more awkward, because you have to use so-called 'green-button metering', but it worked for me until I could purchase my KP.

You can also get it done professionally, at a cost of around $150.
okay guys, I think it indeed is aperture block failure. The mechanism will not move/open the aperture in the lens whatsoever. I just had a friend of mine who deals with cameras alot take a look at it and identified the issue the best he could without opening the camera. So who could I take it to to get it fixed professionally or is there someone who has figured it out in the forums that I could follow how to fix it? I may have lost my warranty which is now the next major issue....

04-04-2019, 08:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Read post #7 above again. That was your answer.
04-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
There are many threads on this subject in the K-30&K-50 section, unfortunately.

This guy has the most experience
Manual solenoid replacement Pentax K30 / Discharge flash-condenser / Solenoid choice - PentaxForums.com

Another option, the one I chose even though it offends some here, was to use only those lenses which have an aperture ring, because they enable you to set aperture at the lens, thereby bypassing the faulty aperture-controlling mechanism in the body. That method is more awkward, because you have to use so-called 'green-button metering', but it worked for me until I could purchase my KP.

You can also get it done professionally, at a cost of around $150.
Who did you take it to to get it professionally done?
04-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MariMar Quote
Who did you take it to to get it professionally done?
When my K-30 started having aperture control issues consistently, my choice was to switch it to aperture ring equipped lenses for a few months, and then I purchased a KP during the Black Friday sales.

A company called "Precision" was chosen by Ricoh to provide "official" repairs for the US
https://www.precisioncamera.com/pentax-camera-repair.html

A company in California specializes in fixing the aperture control problem
Pentax Camera Repair - Aperture Control Repair

04-16-2019, 11:50 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't see any specific mention of what lens is being used, and I know others have asked without getting a reply, and with the OP always mentioning Manual...

Wouldn't a factory reset return the "allow use of aperture ring" setting from 2 to 1?