Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2019, 03:31 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dave_roe Quote
It is a holdover from my years working for newspapers and newspaper chains.

In days gone by it was a standing rule if you had three assignments, you started each one with a fresh roll of film. Not a big deal as we loaded from a bulk loader and carried 10, 15 and 20 shots per can. When everything moved to digital the rule stayed in place only now you used a new memory card on each new assignment.

It was a great idea and saved you from losing a bunch of work if something went wrong. It was a locked in stone rule. If you did not follow it and lost a whole day worth of shots you either got some of the worst assignments (like being on the photo desk from midnight to 8am) or you were looking for a new place to hang your hat.

With the bigger cards I figured why not, simple, less to think about having with me. Now going back to what never failed in the past. Plus I only shoot raw and at least with two card slots and a spare in the grip I am good to go for most of the day.

Might sound old school but there have been a couple of times it has saved the day being out shooting.

I worked under the same rules back before we invented fire too. With a camera with 2 SD card slots the issue is far less worrisome to me. Now, when I was shooting with the K5IIs.....

04-02-2019, 12:09 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Ah yes ....... I miss the smell of developing chemicals in the morning............