Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-3 isn’t recognizing 77ltd lens

I don’t use the 77 as much as the 31, and I’ve barely used my camera since messing up my shoulder last fall,

Popped on the 77 this morning to shoot a very large group photo from across an intersection ... and it asked me for focal length, showed F—, and no autofocus.

Took it off, nothing looked wrong with the mount. Put the 31 back in, detected it no problem. 77 again, no luck.

Aperture ring is on A, nothing weird with it. The lens is pretty pristine. It’s lived in an optek gasketed mount cap since day 1, in a padded neoprene pouch. Never dropped, barely used.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!!!

04-13-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Take it off A and back a couple of times. Make sure the A pin on the lens mount is working.
04-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

plus give the contacts on both body and lens a wiping...
04-13-2019, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Take it off A and back a couple of times. Make sure the A pin on the lens mount is working.
What they said ^ ^ ^

It would not hurt to clean the mount contacts on both lens and body, paying particular attention to the (recessed) A contact on the lens.

Steve