Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2019, 09:50 PM   #1

Pentax MX: Cannot rewind film

Hi,

I have a black Pentax MX that is a joy to shoot with but problematic when rewinding the film. 1st, the small rewind button on the bottom is often difficult to push in. The resistance is VERY great. 2nd, On the three rolls I've shot I have found that when I did push in the button the rewind crank felt that it had failed to engage the spool. What had actually happened is that the film had separated from its anchor in the cartridge.

These were not bulk rolls I had prepared myself but commercial film canisters (2 Kodak Tri-X and a Fuji). I have a Oly Trip 35 and never have this problem. I shot film for on SLRs (Ricoh xr-1 and a Nikon FM 2) for years so I know how load and rewind film.

Does this camera have an extra strong advance crank that rope the film from the canister? Am I doing something wrong? Does the MX require a special way to rewind a roll?

Help!

04-20-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I find the MX no different from the other 20 or so film cameras in my collection. Rewind button very easy to press, and rewind crank also easy. I’ve used 2 of my MXs this month.
04-20-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you tried removing the bottom plate?
Maybe there is something obstructing the rewind button?