Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2019, 05:32 PM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

K3/2 manual...page 9 X-sync socket (just below GPS button)

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-3-2.pdf

Page 93 shows the dust cover to the socket being unscrewed ...

Last edited by bobD; 05-05-2019 at 05:42 PM.
05-06-2019, 06:41 AM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

I don't know what trigger voltage that Centon ringflash has, it is similar in appearance and vintage to my Cobra, I recon it's the same unit, which is under 8V. No doubt you will have tried it out before reading this. The tiny waterproofing cap for the sync socket is easy to loose, be careful and put it away safely.

Last edited by pentasonic49; 05-06-2019 at 06:48 AM.
05-06-2019, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentasonic49 Quote
I don't know what trigger voltage that Centon ringflash has, it is similar in appearance and vintage to my Cobra, I recon it's the same unit, which is under 8V. No doubt you will have tried it out before reading this. The tiny waterproofing cap for the sync socket is easy to loose, be careful and put it away safely.
4.38V according to this chart..
Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages
05-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #64

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
K3/2 manual...page 9 X-sync socket (just below GPS button)

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-3-2.pdf

Page 93 shows the dust cover to the socket being unscrewed ...
Hi BobD:

It's so well hidden! 🤣 Thank you so much for pointing it out for me...

Michelle

---------- Post added 05-06-19 at 03:49 PM ----------

Hi Pentasonic49:

You are right, it's so small, looks like something that would just disappeared if I put just it in my pocket😂...I will put it into a small Ziploc bag, then place it in my K3ii's original box.

Thank you!
Michelle

05-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #65
Veteran Member

There's a bit of learning to do with a corded flash, you probably have to set X on the function dial, or shutter speeds below 1/180. Lots of test shots indoors are needed to get the hang of it . Googling the name and number should get a pdf of the instructions if you don't have them. The ring flash is less powerful than what you are used to and the auto function is less sophisticated.
When you take the top off of the other camera, there will probably be two screws hidden until the flash is raised which are obviously not on the K3ii. Because the screws are so small, when re assembling, just tightening them between thumb and forefinger should be sufficient.
05-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pufferchung Quote
That video is awesome! I think I can take the screw out myself.
If the flash hot shoe is NOT riveted (it is screwed), you could get another cheap camera to get the spare from.

I don't know if the *ist model will fit.

Pentax * ist DS 6.1MP Digital SLR Camera Body #740 | eBay

Pentax K3 Camera Body--Please Read 27075129252 | eBay

Last edited by carabez; 05-08-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added video link
05-09-2019, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #67
Veteran Member

Carabez, in post #55, Pufferchung mentions having a broken KS2 which she can practice dismantling and have a source of the hotshoe and screws. I hope she will soon be able to give us some good news regarding the K3ii.

07-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #68

Original Poster
Carabez, in post #55, Pufferchung mentions having a broken KS2 which she can practice dismantling and have a source of the hotshoe and screws. I hope she will soon be able to give us some good news regarding the K3ii.
I took apart my KS2 and omg it's really complicated! So I decided to get a PC male to hot shoe sync cord and Holgon RF-50 Macro-lite Ring Light Flash with Synch Cord.