05-06-2019, 05:24 AM   #1

Switching fast videos to normal speed

I wonder is there a possibility of switching fast videos to normal speed

05-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Please explain further..............

How did you capture these videos? Are they displaying at an unusually fast speed or do you just want to slow down fast motion in the videos?

If you capture video at 24 or 30 fps, there is software which will allow "slow motion" by repeating captured frames during playback, but that can introduce artifacts (jerky motion). If you want good slow motion, you need to capture the video at higher rates (which will take specialized camera equipment) and then play that back at normal rates.
05-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ckane Quote
I wonder is there a possibility of switching fast videos to normal speed
If the video is short, and shot at 30 fps non-interlaced, you could use Photoshop to export all frames, then re-encode as a 24 fps movie. That would slow things down slightly. You would also need to stretch the audio to fit the time frame of the new video. I've played around with that, and it is time consuming, and can take several hours to re-encode depending on the computer you own.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
there is software which will allow "slow motion" by repeating captured frames during playback

A far simpler solutions is Bob's. VideoLAN is free. You might try to use its feature to speed up or slow down video. I don't watch entire movies that way, but for portions of a video it often works well. Your mileage may vary based on your hardware and the movie's attributes.