Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2019, 04:28 AM   #1

Flu card problem

When I turn camera on the wifi symbol is grey but as soon as I try to connect my phone or laptop it doesn't turn white but it disappears. It keeps trying to take pictures and sends an error message of Pentax says it is not preforming properly. In live view the camera is working properly but the screen on other devices show the controls but nothing of the live view screen and is remains black. Thanks

05-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which camera?
05-16-2019, 12:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

It only works with certain browsers. What are you using?
05-16-2019, 01:54 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Chrome on Android works for me.

05-16-2019, 04:28 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We still need to know what camera you're you're using, not all cameras use a flu card.
05-17-2019, 01:26 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Which camera?
K3. I went to a Mac but it did work 4 or 5 months ago on my pc.
05-17-2019, 01:27 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
It only works with certain browsers. What are you using?
Google Chrome. I forgot to mention that I just went to a Mac book pro but I worked a few months ago on my pc.

05-17-2019, 03:20 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Scott. Have your tried using Safari or Firefox on your MacBook Pro? Regardless of that, the fact that it also doesn’t work on your phone suggests to me that there might be a fault on the card.

I assume that you’ve successfully made a WiFi connection to the MacBook, by the way. It won’t necessarily automatically connect, especially if you’re already connected to another WiFi network. What information are you seeing in Settings?
05-17-2019, 03:38 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Hi Scott. Have your tried using Safari or Firefox on your MacBook Pro? Regardless of that, the fact that it also doesn’t work on your phone suggests to me that there might be a fault on the card.

I assume that you’ve successfully made a WiFi connection to the MacBook, by the way. It won’t necessarily automatically connect, especially if you’re already connected to another WiFi network. What information are you seeing in Settings?
Yes if has connected as I can hear the shutter active when I click on the shutter button. I will try Firefox as I hear it is a good system. I will advise. Thanks for the help
05-18-2019, 06:41 AM   #10

Original Poster
Update. Firefox,safari,and google chrome and it still won’t show live view on laptop, pc,phone,or tablet.
05-19-2019, 04:08 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Scott Ousterhout Quote
Update. Firefox,safari,and google chrome and it still won’t show live view on laptop, pc,phone,or tablet.
I guess it’s fairly clear from that, that there’s a problem with the card itself.

Have you tried resetting the card’s communication settings (p14 of the Ricoh guide, here)?