Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Flickr - After it came back up.

I have not been able to log in since Flickr went down. It tells me to log in under my other email address, and I have tried to do so, under both emails and cannot get in. Anyone else having trouble?

05-28-2019, 09:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flickr log in is a disaster, they want everyone to make a new login, a Flickr login, this is different from a Yahoo login that I did use to access flickr, although flickr messages of postings do go to the yahoo mail account
05-28-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I had an issue before the whole site migration, it kept telling me "something went wrong" I just used the contact them about an issue and they reset it for me, and all is good.
05-28-2019, 10:46 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I've been good since the 1.5 day site migration outage last week.

I did get prompted to create a Flickr-specific password, as expected. Logging in and uploading photos worked okay after that.

05-28-2019, 11:17 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I started having trouble before the down-time as I seemed to get stuck somewhere in the nether-world between the Yahoo log-in and the new Flickr/Smugmug log-in. It was fixed after some help from the Flickr staff, whose service I'm very happy with, and they even managed to get rid of an old empty account of mine which was using my main e-mail address, which freed-up that address for use in the account that I do use, thereby allowing me to get rid of the Yahoo mail altogether.
05-29-2019, 12:08 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine came back as normal. No special login requirements, no user name change or password update. I change my passwords pretty regularly, so maybe the fact that I didn't have an old password didn't raise any red flags. One thing of note, back in 2011 when I created my account, I used my gmail email. Later Yahoo forced me to change it to a Yahoo email for my login. Maybe that there's still a gmail email associated with the account has made a difference. Just thinking out loud...
05-29-2019, 03:01 AM   #7
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

my only issues were with the mobile version, which required me to uninstall/install the app on all my devices before it would work...

if you having issues with logging in, contact their staff via email - as noted above, they've been helpful in getting you back to using their site....

05-29-2019, 04:10 AM - 1 Like   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree, contact flickr for help

I am back up with flickr and have had no problems seeing my photos, on phone, tablet or lap top, and up loading photos to it.
05-29-2019, 05:05 AM   #9
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I agree, contact flickr for help

I am back up with flickr and have had no problems seeing my photos, on phone, tablet or lap top, and up loading photos to it.
I am missing the 'camera roll' feature, which is not yet turned on...
05-29-2019, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #10
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I am missing the 'camera roll' feature, which is not yet turned on...
never used it and I just tried:

" Camera Roll isn’t feeling so great.

As we previously announced, our beloved Camera Roll needed a little rest and relaxation. We’ve sent it on a vacation of sorts to an all-inclusive, luxurious Camera Roll-only getaway to get it back to full steam. You can stay updated on the progress here.

Flickr: The Help Forum: [Official Thread] Scheduled downtime on May 22, plus more updates on speed & stability

We’ve temporarily replaced Camera Roll with the Photostream Edit view. For batch photo edits and organization, you can use Organizr. "
05-29-2019, 05:39 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine is doing fine with good speed, the only problem I'm having is setting up a new login, Flickr keeps telling me the email I want to use is already associated with an account. I had to set up a new account back in 2013, so I guess I need to sit down and email them to get this corrected. Until then my Yahoo login is working well.

Last edited by Larrymc; 05-29-2019 at 05:41 AM. Reason: corrected punctuation and spelling
05-29-2019, 06:12 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just checked and my account is running fine. I do not see much difference from the way it has been for the last couple of years. I looked at my albums, joined a new group looked at photos on a family member's account etc without issue. Perhaps this is a problem localized to some areas.
05-29-2019, 07:38 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No problems here, on either PC or mobile version. A couple months ago, I was prompted to change my login email from Yahoo, which I did. I haven't had any login issues during the move to AWS.
05-29-2019, 08:03 AM - 2 Likes   #14

Explore #1 for me today, so I'm not complaining
05-29-2019, 08:31 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The only issue I had was I forgot that I used my @mac.com email instead of my @gmail.com email for the Flickr login.

Lightroom wants to republish all my photos in Published Collections since I changed the login in the Publishing Service. The Mobile App is working, but I had to delete it and reinstall then login with the Flickr login.