Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2019, 01:39 PM   #1

Pentax 645n and First 3 Frames Blank

Hi! I’m new to Pentax and have been sending out test rolls. The first 3 frames are blank. I have a 120 film back in. Fresh batteries. I’ve ran across other people with the same problem in FB forums but no solutions yet. Any ideas here? I would love ideas! Thanks so much!

06-01-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Do you have a copy of the 645n manual? If not, a pdf copy can be downloaded for free from...

Pentax Manuals | Medium Format (password, type "Pentax")

What you are describing sounds like the film as improperly loaded. It is important that the film is threaded properly and advanced to where the full-width arrow lines up with the index "S" and "red line" on the film holder. If the paper is advanced too far, the first several frames will not be exposed. There are detailed instructions with illustrations in the manual.

Steve
06-02-2019, 01:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
I have checked out the manual and have followed YouTube videos for how to load the film. The arrows are lined up and yet the film is advanced too far. I don’t understand. I actually didn’t load my first roll properly (didn’t advance to the arrows when loading and only had 1 blank frame) so it seems like the camera is advancing the film too far. Idk. So frustrating bc it’s wasted $$$ and 3 frames that I shoot that aren’t captured. Thanks for responding.
11-21-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by laurieflickinger Quote
I have checked out the manual and have followed YouTube videos for how to load the film. The arrows are lined up and yet the film is advanced too far. I don’t understand. I actually didn’t load my first roll properly (didn’t advance to the arrows when loading and only had 1 blank frame) so it seems like the camera is advancing the film too far. Idk. So frustrating bc it’s wasted $$$ and 3 frames that I shoot that aren’t captured. Thanks for responding.
Did you ever fix the problem?