Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2019, 03:16 AM   #1

Pentax K1000 Lever Stuck

Hi there, my K1000 winding lever seems to have jammed half way through winding a new shot.
This has happened about 5 shutters in.
I have removed the bottom and tried the easy fix recommended by the popular YT video but no luck. The rewind button does seem to be pressed in if that helps? Unsure how to release.
Any help would be much appreciated! As I’m currently traveling through Asia with no repair shops in short distance, up to me now!

Liam

Attached Images

06-08-2019, 08:08 AM   #2

The rewind button won't reset until you wind the advance lever.

Get a changing bag. Rewind the film if possible. In the bag remove the film and put in a light proof container. Examine the camera to see what is going on. After the problem is fixed or with a replacement camera reload the film and with the lens cap on fire off 5 or 6 shots to advance the film to unused portion.
06-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Will the film takeup reel allow you to remove the film if the lever is jammed? I mean, will the reel be able to rotate to even allow you to take the film off it?
06-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Will the film takeup reel allow you to remove the film if the lever is jammed? I mean, will the reel be able to rotate to even allow you to take the film off it?
Thanks for the reply! Yes I mangaged to remove the film by rotating the reel.

Liam

06-08-2019, 07:01 PM   #5

Original Poster
Though unfortunately even after that the lever is still jammed.
06-08-2019, 09:46 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Push the lever with the spring going through it all the way to the front. It will be difficult. When it locks in place, try firing the shutter. That may clear the mechanism. If it doesn't, disassembly will be required.
06-09-2019, 02:15 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Push the lever with the spring going through it all the way to the front. It will be difficult. When it locks in place, try firing the shutter. That may clear the mechanism. If it doesn't, disassembly will be required.
Thanks for replying! Do you mean this, the little black knob? If so I’ve tried, so yes might need to take to a repair shop next time I come across one.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo