Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2019, 06:41 AM   #1

What lens mount to use

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello guys, I have a Pentax Ks-1 and for a while I've been wanting to buy a new lens but while looking through my camera collection (by collection I mean 3 or 4 broken camera I either bought from the flea market and couple which some relatives gave away) I notice I have a Zenit camera with a "MC-Helios 44M-6 58mm 1:2" lens. I'm no expert but when I googled it O found out it can be mounted on Pentax DSLR so I wanted to know which mount should I buy do I can shoot with this on my Pentax Ks-1 specially that I have a family wedding coming soon and I want to take some cool pictures with it!
Sorry for the long post😊😊

06-19-2019, 07:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You will need an M42 adapter that has an inner flange to keep the aperture pin pushed down. (Or you can modify the pin to keep it pushed in)

Like this one.

Kipon Adapter for Carl Zeiss M42 Screw Mount Lens to Pentax K PK Mount Camera | eBay

You may find less expensive ones.

The Helios is known for its swirly bokeh...You will need to change the Using aperture ring setting in the Custom menu to Enable...

Last edited by boriscleto; 06-19-2019 at 09:21 AM.
06-19-2019, 08:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
You will need an M42 adapter that has an inner flange to keep the aperture pin pushed down. (Or you can modify the pin to keep it pushed in)

Like this one.

Kipon Adapter for Carl Zeiss M42 Screw Mount Lens to Pentax K PK Mount Camera | eBay

You may find less expensive ones.

The Helios is known for its swirly bokeh...You will need to change the Using aperture ring setting in the Custom menu to Enabled...
Thank you very much my friend
😊 😊
06-19-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
Pentaxian

That Zenit camera is probably pretty cool too so why not also give that a whirl?

06-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
That Zenit camera is probably pretty cool too so why not also give that a whirl?
Well the OP did say...
QuoteQuote:
(by collection I mean 3 or 4 broken camera I either bought from the flea market and couple which some relatives gave away)
06-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Well the OP did say...
Ah I should learn how to read entire posts