Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Spotmatic F - meter needle issue

Hello everyone,

I have an old Spotmatic F which I bought around two years ago or so. Doesn't use it much these days, but anytime I did in the past, everything was smooth and accurate. Recently I discovered a strange issue - meter needle shows accurate reading for every shutter speed except 1/1000th, for which it spikes up like in 'B' mode. The shutter itself runs fine and this speed. The needle behaves this way regardless of metering method; both stop down and open aperture yield same results. When not metering, needle stays in the middle.

Honestly I can live with that, but I'd like to know whether this issue a) has easy fix b) will develop to something more serious if left untreated.

All the best

06-27-2019, 11:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When you turn the shutter speed dial you also turn a variable resistor in the meter system. It sounds like there is an issue with that variable resistor. Cleaning might fix it or it needs to be replaced. The same amount of disassembly is involved either way so I wouldn't worry about it.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, issue, meter, meter needle, needle, pentax help, photography, shutter, spotmatic, spotmatic f meter, troubleshooting