Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2019, 02:16 PM   #1

K3ii Playback question

I have a K3 ii camera that I use for taking star pictures. I notice that when I go back to review the pictures in Playback I see a strange behavior. When the picture is first selected, I see some stars that fade after reviewing the picture for a second or 2. Any ideas on why this is happening?

thanks,

Dan

06-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian

My guess would be that it's stored/viewed as a progressive image format: first you see a rather fuzzy image (that makes smaller stars appear brighter/bigger at first) and only when more/all the details have been loaded into the screen you see the full, sharp picture resized to the low resolution monitor which may "hide" some of the stars from your sight in "fit screen size" resolution, but will be visible once you zoom in a bit.
06-27-2019, 04:37 PM   #3

Original Poster
Sounds good. I did zoom in and I do see the stars that looked to have faded out originally.
Thanks for clearing that up.
06-27-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see the same on my KP.