Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2019, 09:33 PM   #1

Pentax P30 with Pentax PK-A 50mm 1:1.7 stuck!

I have tried digging on the forums regarding lenses not releasing. This is a proper pentax lense and it's released just fine in the past. (not a ricoh pin)

Now I'm freaking out, are there any tips you could share to help release my prime?

Thanks in advance, RewindFishwalk.

06-28-2019, 09:52 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum. All I can suggest is that a battery is installed and the settings for the lens checked and synchronized. If the release button still doesn't do the trick, try first rotating the lens the opposite way.
06-28-2019, 10:19 PM   #3

The P30 is a manual focus body so it shouldn't matter if the lens has a Ricoh pin or not. Either the lens release button has gone wrong or perhaps the aperture lever was bent and is catching on something. Does the lens stop down when you use the DOF preview?

Otherwise all I can think of is to continue to fiddle about with the release button and twisting the lens back and forth and hope something works properly.
06-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
The P30 is a manual focus body so it shouldn't matter if the lens has a Ricoh pin or not. Either the lens release button has gone wrong or perhaps the aperture lever was bent and is catching on something. Does the lens stop down when you use the DOF preview?

Otherwise all I can think of is to continue to fiddle about with the release button and twisting the lens back and forth and hope something works properly.
The lense stops down, battery is working, shutter operates and its metering.
I guess it can only be the release button. Sad times