Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2019, 04:59 AM   #1

Pentax Spotmatic SP mirror staying up..

Hi there,
I have a great Pentax Spotmatic SP but with a problem. The mirror is staying up when I fire the shutter and it goes back down again when I advance the film lever. I know there's lot's of great information out there already about this problem and so the reason i'm making a new thread is because everyone else's camera has a slight different mechanism and I can normally figure it out but I just can't this time. No, the foam is not sticky so I know it's somewhere in the mechanism.. I'll show a picture so if anyones familiar with the mechanism ahh would just be so great.
Thanks a lot, Esme

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
06-30-2019, 05:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you see the big cog in the centre? Place one drop of oil in the centre and wind it a few times.
06-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hmm I tried that and no luck... thanks for the reply.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, mechanism, mirror, pentax, pentax help, pentax spotmatic sp, photography, sp, spotmatic, spotmatic sp mirror, troubleshooting