Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K3 Issue - Photo Overlays Prior Photo Resulting in Double or Blurred Images

Hi, not sure if anyone has encountered this. My K3 started acting up today. I'd take a picture, then another, then another. What would happen is picture 2 overlaid picture 1, resulting in a very blurry photo or dual image. Picture 3 would come out okay, but essentially I'm only getting two pictures for 3 shots.

Changed out my lens (DA*50-135, but not an SDM issue) and tried new or newly formatted memory cards. I was shooting in AV mode when I encountered the issue. It seems to work better in Green Mode or P mode, but not much better.

Any similar experiences or thoughts on things to try before I go looking for a repair service? Thanks fellow Pentaxians. Appreciate it!

07-02-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please post some photos with the EXIF data intact.
07-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Hi, not sure if anyone has encountered this. My K3 started acting up today. I'd take a picture, then another, then another. What would happen is picture 2 overlaid picture 1, resulting in a very blurry photo or dual image. Picture 3 would come out okay, but essentially I'm only getting two pictures for 3 shots.

Changed out my lens (DA*50-135, but not an SDM issue) and tried new or newly formatted memory cards. I was shooting in AV mode when I encountered the issue. It seems to work better in Green Mode or P mode, but not much better.

Any similar experiences or thoughts on things to try before I go looking for a repair service? Thanks fellow Pentaxians. Appreciate it!
probably the multiple exposure mode is activated, just change to single frame shooting.
07-02-2019, 06:23 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Sounds like you might have inadvertantly enabled the multiple exposure drive mode. Check your drive mode to see if this is the case.

There's also a custom function setting that locks the 4-way pad until the OK button is pressed and held, which is super handy in preventing accidental drive mode setting changes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-02-2019, 06:25 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sefesoft Quote
probably the multiple exposure mode is activated, just change to single frame shooting.
I was about to say the same thing.
Attached Images

07-03-2019, 05:53 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have actually done the same thing on a couple of occasions. I’ve accidentally enabled multiple exposure mode.
07-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
I have actually done the same thing on a couple of occasions. I’ve accidentally enabled multiple exposure mode.
As with the other settings available through the 4-way controller, drive mode is all too easily changed with a misplaced finger or thumb.

Steve
07-03-2019, 02:09 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your diagnoses and suggestions....sure enough, the drive button did get set to multiple exposure. Switched it back and all is right with my trusty K-3, which will soon be venturing to Italy and Greece now that it's behaving.

It was also an opportunity to refresh myself on other drive functions I don't think about much or forgot all about, like Mirror Lock Up. Really appreciate everyone's help.

Michael

07-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Thank you everyone for your diagnoses and suggestions....sure enough, the drive button did get set to multiple exposure. Switched it back and all is right with my trusty K-3, which will soon be venturing to Italy and Greece now that it's behaving.

It was also an opportunity to refresh myself on other drive functions I don't think about much or forgot all about, like Mirror Lock Up. Really appreciate everyone's help.

Michael
Good to hear that's all it was.
Safe travels!