Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #1

problems with f stop and shutter speed K-7

Hi,

My K-7 suddenly stopped at .5 It also kept changing to B&W (that I could usually change back.) I have been trying to get around the shutter speed by using the wheel. I can get normal speed, but it won't stay steady and sometimes it jumpto to high speed and won't let me change it. I have no F stops either no matter what I try. It will say aperture priority but it lies. I can use any help I can get. I shoot bird and butterflies. They refuse to sit still for me. I can't afford to new camera so if this one can't be managed, then I just don't shoot for a long, long time. Thanks for any help you can give me.

07-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
Pentaxian

is the battery charged or depleted? have you removed the battery and put back in? what lens are you using?
07-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by moreta37 Quote
Hi,

My K-7 suddenly stopped at .5 It also kept changing to B&W (that I could usually change back.) I have been trying to get around the shutter speed by using the wheel. I can get normal speed, but it won't stay steady and sometimes it jumpto to high speed and won't let me change it. I have no F stops either no matter what I try. It will say aperture priority but it lies. I can use any help I can get. I shoot bird and butterflies. They refuse to sit still for me. I can't afford to new camera so if this one can't be managed, then I just don't shoot for a long, long time. Thanks for any help you can give me.
What lens are you using? Have you tried using a different one?
07-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #4

Original Poster
problems with f stop and shutter speed K-7

I'll be darned. It's the lens I just bought used a little while ago. Time for a call to adorama. Thanks so much!

07-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Glad its sorted - always a heart-stopping moment !