Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2019, 10:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax ME mirror stuck up

So, I have this Pentax ME that is in apparent good condition (good meter, shutter timing), but it started 1) triggering the shutter by itself while advancing the lever and 2) getting the mirror stuck up after that.

The strange thing is that I noticed it fails more often when the lens is stepped down, wide open is advances and cocks correctly. I'm guessing having to step down the aperture is putting additional stress somewhere on the mechanics.

I've searched the forum and apparently mirror stuck up on the ME is pretty common, but no thread mentions the avance lever *triggering* the shutter.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I disassembly down to the mirror box?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, lever, mirror, pentax, pentax help, pentax me mirror, photography, shutter, troubleshooting