Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2019, 02:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Can anyone identify this lens mount?

Hi everyone,

I've checked numerous mount identification sites but haven't found anything I regard as a good match for this. It's a Cosina lens, a 28/2.8, nothing exotic. I've seen it for sale and it's advertised as Nikon mount but I'm fairly sure it isn't. The little cut-out on one of the mounting tabs suggests Minolta SR but the locations of other items don't match as far as I can see.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks for any help.

08-20-2019, 02:46 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Google seems to think the Yashica/Contax bayonet is the winner...

08-20-2019, 03:05 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
does this article help out ?

"So you've found a lens and you don't know what camera it fits? Scroll down this set of photos until you find the one that it looks like. I don't have everything here, but I have most of the more common ones for manual-focus, focal plane shutter 35mm SLRs. . . . "

SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide
08-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yashica/Contax

08-21-2019, 02:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. I had considered C/Y but the little tab on the left in the photo I posted doesn't seem to be there in other pictures.
08-21-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I think that lens is compatible with the last series of C/Y mount cameras. The little tab at the 4 o'clock position (8 o'clock when viewed from the rear) is the one they added to the mount to make the lenses compatible with the Program and Shutter Priority modes. Contax called them MM type lenses, replacing the AE style lenses that didn't have the tab.
08-26-2019, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This seems to have been answered so I'm gong to take the pic down from my Flickr as it's bothering me.

08-26-2019, 06:32 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
This seems to have been answered so I'm gong to take the pic down from my Flickr as it's bothering me.
The way I deal with that is to make permissions private. The photo may still be shared and would be visible here, but not on the public view of your Flickr.

Steve
08-27-2019, 03:25 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The way I deal with that is to make permissions private. The photo may still be shared and would be visible here, but not on the public view of your Flickr.

Steve
No need for the image now that it's purpose has been served.

I used to use Photobucket for such photos but that site is such a mess these days and they keep changing their business plan and the restrictions on how photos will display.
08-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
No need for the image now that it's purpose has been served.

I used to use Photobucket for such photos but that site is such a mess these days and they keep changing their business plan and the restrictions on how photos will display.
I use imgur for such photos. Photobucket has been a disaster for years.