Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #1

Optio rs1000 focus failed

My optio rs1000 has failed in the focus department. It will try to focus, but nothing changes. In addition, it will occasionally have issues pullibg in the lens on power off, and opening it on poweron. Is there anything I could check, I am capable of opening it up and putting it back together. Or is there anywhere that sells new lens assemblys?

08-26-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello & welcome to the forums

If any supplier should happen to have spare parts and modules for the RS1000 (which I think unlikely, in all honesty), they would almost certainly be far more costly than the camera's current value. You'd be better off buying a used example cheaply from an internet auction site like eBay to either replace your camera or use as a donor unit for spares. Then again, if you're intent on repairing, you'd need to diagnose what the problem is... it may not be the lens assembly, but something else entirely.

With these older consumer compact models, you have to weigh up whether it's worth putting any additional money and time into them versus replacing altogether

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, focus, lens, optio, optio rs1000 focus, pentax help, photography, rs1000, troubleshooting