Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2019, 12:57 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
DNG Files

Just copied DNG files from memory card to computer. Put the memory card back in the camera (K3ii) and it is now saying "No image". However looking at the card again on the computer, the images are there. What Have I done? Tried a different card with images (JPGs) and the camera is still saying "No image". Can anyone help?

09-01-2019, 12:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Are you sure something is on the other card?
09-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #3

Can you take a new picture on the card and see if THAT shows up?
09-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please forgive a dumb question - was your camera turned off before you took the card out? You could try removing the battery from the camera, waiting a few minutes, then reinserting it and rechecking for images. Grasping at straws...

09-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by finchamjr Quote
What Have I done?
Did you remember to properly eject/unmount the card(s) from your computer before removing it?

Steve
09-01-2019, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Have you moved the files around on the card? If they're not in the original folder structure (e.g. DCIM/IMGP....) then the camera might not even know where to find them.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-01-2019, 06:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My question is if have already transferred the pictures to the computer why do you want them on the card? I reformat my cards in camera after each time I load them to the computer, that assures a clean card to write to for each use.
09-01-2019, 07:59 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Did you remember to properly eject/unmount the card(s) from your computer before removing it?
This can be a problem on a Mac, but it should be fixed by reinserting in the computer and ejecting.

Do you have a second card in the camera? If so, the issue might be that when you took the card out, the other card will now be the one you see in the camera when you try to look at photos. If so, you can press the button above the 4-way controller to switch which card's images you are looking at in the camera.

09-01-2019, 09:59 PM   #9
Pentaxian

card write proteted?
09-01-2019, 10:09 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
This can be a problem on a Mac, but it should be fixed by reinserting in the computer and ejecting.
It can happen on Windows and Linux as well and the fix you suggested often works.

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Do you have a second card in the camera? If so, the issue might be that when you took the card out, the other card will now be the one you see in the camera when you try to look at photos.
Good suggestion. More than once, I have accidentally toggled the camera into using the other slot when I take a card out to read.

Steve
09-02-2019, 05:00 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Sometimes when you take out card 1 if the camera is started up without it the camera default selects card 2 and will remain on it even when re-inserting card 1 unless card 2 is removed allowing the camera to default back to card 1.. Easy fix, take both cards out of the slot and re-insert card 1 restart the camera, shut it off then re-insert card 2. Now your camera should re-default to reading card 1....
09-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by selfnoise Quote
Can you take a new picture on the card and see if THAT shows up?
Yes, New picture do show up on the card OK.

---------- Post added 09-02-19 at 01:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
My question is if have already transferred the pictures to the computer why do you want them on the card? I reformat my cards in camera after each time I load them to the computer, that assures a clean card to write to for each use.
"My question is if have already transferred the pictures to the computer why do you want them on the card? I reformat my cards in camera after each time I load them to the computer, that assures a clean card to write to for each use."

I do this out of habit. Now you have mentioned it I wonder why! I don't need the files on the card. A habit I will change.

Thank you all for your suggestions/remedies. evwerything seems to be working as it should this morning.
09-02-2019, 01:12 PM   #13
Pentaxian

What I found once (and only once !) was that, if I did not set write protect BEFORE putting the card into the computer, the computer wrote some data to the card, which confused the camera. Since then, I always set write protect immediately I take the card from the camera. If I forget to remove write protect and re-insert the card in the camera, when I next try to use it, the camera tells me WP is set, no biggie, just do it there and then. And, not intending to resurrect a previous discussion, but I am one of those who uses the card until almost full (maybe 50 exposures left), then use a brand new card, keeping all the old cards, and occasionally (about every six months) doing a backup of all the cards to a separate disc.
09-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by finchamjr Quote
"My question is if have already transferred the pictures to the computer why do you want them on the card? I reformat my cards in camera after each time I load them to the computer, that assures a clean card to write to for each use."

I do this out of habit. Now you have mentioned it I wonder why! I don't need the files on the card. A habit I will change.
I often keep them on the card until I need to free up space on it, just in case there is a failure on the computer side, I will have them temporarily backed up on the card as well.