Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
DA lens aperture setting on other system adapter

Hi Pentaxians,

I want to use my DA15 with Fujifilm camera with help of an adapter. It is always open with minimum F22 stop and there is nothing that I can do to control it. Is there any way, I can keep the DA15 to be open at F8 always when on the adapter? Or are there any special adapter for that purpose? Please help!

---------- Post added 09-03-2019 at 10:58 PM ----------

Google search helped me in finding below adapter, which looks expensive. Does anyone used it?

Vello Pentax K Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera Lens LA-FX-PK-A

09-03-2019, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax lenses (save for some very recent ones with the KAF4 electromagnetic mount variant) have a mechanical aperture lever; Fujifilm bodies are entirely electronic so they cannot operate the aperture... and DA lenses are by default fully stopped down.

Without an adapter that emulates the aperture lever, you're unfortunately out of luck...

I just checked the adapter; it should work but it seems you'll have a "stepless" aperture, so you'll probably have to put your clinical eye to work
09-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ntrao Quote
Google search helped me in finding below adapter, which looks expensive. Does anyone used it?

Vello Pentax K Lens to Fujifilm X-Mount Camera Lens LA-FX-PK-A
I don't believe any K-to-mirrorless provide f-number aperture ring emulation with DA or D FA series Pentax lenses. That being said, it may be possible to back-calculate an approximation based on metered EV using as Fuji lens and marking with tape or similar on the adapter barrel and ring for the position where the same EV is attained for stop-down metering.

Steve
09-03-2019, 12:03 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Basically, as long as the adapter has a mechanical aperture ring, it should work. The one you linked looks good.

Of course, you'll be setting the aperture manually, and you won't know the exact value.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-04-2019, 01:08 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Something similar cost ~ US 22 in China.
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.11.6423157546U0tz&id=522844...27b&abbucket=2

I have one for m43 and it works well
09-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your responses. Last one looks promising. I am thinking about something DIY kind of aperture holder, needs some guts as it may damage the sensor of the camera, if it fails.