Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can you separate muliple exposures?

While trying to clean rain drops of the lens on my K-1 I didn't turn the power off and accidentally changed it to 2 shot multiple exposure - - is there any way of unscrambling the exposures?

09-07-2019, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't believe so since the camera combines the shots before writing to the SD card. If you were in multiple shot (none-combine) mode, they would have been recorded separately but with the K-1 in multi-shot combine mode, they are processed together and then it's end of story as that file is what goes to memory. If you're seeing one shot file with both shots, it's probably the latter case.
09-07-2019, 05:16 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Indeed, unfortunately it isn't possible.

However, there is a custom function which locks the 4-way controlled so that you have to press and hold OK to get to the drive modes. I recommend setting this in the future, as it will prevent any inadvertent drive mode changes going forward

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-08-2019, 01:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
I don't believe so since the camera combines the shots before writing to the SD card. If you were in multiple shot (none-combine) mode, they would have been recorded separately but with the K-1 in multi-shot combine mode, they are processed together and then it's end of story as that file is what goes to memory. If you're seeing one shot file with both shots, it's probably the latter case.
I feared it wouldn't be possible - but thanks for the explanation - I'm very keen on knoing why I can't do things!

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

However, there is a custom function which locks the 4-way controlled so that you have to press and hold OK to get to the drive modes. I recommend setting this in the future, as it will prevent any inadvertent drive mode changes going forward
That's a very good idea - I will do it - thank you!

09-08-2019, 04:11 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

I did this once by accident with my old K-50. No way to undo but some came out rather "artistic". See if there's any interesting ones in your batch, maybe?
09-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

There is an option to "save the process" (at least on the KP). If you turn this on before the shooting, then it saves the combinations after ech shot. Theorically you can substract them to get all, but you will loose increasingly more bits toward the end of the series. although you will get the first shot untouched.

I assume you didn't turned it on, so it won't help in your situation...
09-09-2019, 05:04 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Adam, where is the command to do this? I've looked through the camera menus and operators manual and can't find it. Thanks.

09-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

On the K-1, it's C20.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: