Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #16
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Glad to hear its working now.. One of my k3s is in the shop right now with a similar issue.. mode dial.. stuck in manual. When I bought it at Adorama it was new and I got the Greenleaf warranty... My outcomes not looking so hot though.Greenleaf works with Adams Electronics on the west coast . Sent it there 2x now. .. but they cant get the part from Pentax... Have to go through Precision .So now my k3 has to go to Precision or its scrap. Im waiting to hear back from Greenleaf... Not really impressed with Greenleaf warranties. Sadly the k3 thats a problem is my backup.. I almost never use it. 2700 clicks..

Ironically precision is in CT.. as am I. So my k3 will have crossed the country twice to get repaired in my own back yard.. if they repair it. Adams said Precisions price was really high. Its been a month wait so far.

Ah well. Hoping for the best with whats looking a more common problem than I had thought.

Al
although Square Trade won't confirm where they sent it, the same day it arrived at their repair facility in NJ, they did tell me that it went to a Pentax repair facility in the US

I'm guessing Precision

and I was pleasantly surprised I got it back so quickly

please keep us informed if you don't mind

10-03-2019, 05:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Thanks Allen,

After multiple inquiries I finally got a definitive answer that they are still mulling over what to do..

QuoteQuote:
We have sent this claim over to our Pending review team to look into other options for you since the repairs will exceed the cost of the unit. They will contact you within 3-5 business days with an update. Please let us know if you need anything else.
Does it really take that long to decide to fix it or scrap it?
Frustrating.
Al
10-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #18
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Thanks Allen,

After multiple inquiries I finally got a definitive answer that they are still mulling over what to do..

Does it really take that long to decide to fix it or scrap it?
Frustrating.
Al
unfortunately

that is a standard description of life

take a deep breath you will survive [ advice I often fail to follow myself ]

I hope
10-06-2019, 01:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

My K3s issues have been resolved....not as I hoped though. NewLeaf warranty won't repair the camera as sending it to Precision would be too much. They offered me $437. I kind of anticipated this and had picked up a used K3 in the marketplace here a few weeks ago. At this point I am a few dollars richer, emphasis on few. But at least the extended warranty was honored. I only had a few months left on it as I bought on 1/19/2015.

al