Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2019, 05:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Super-A rewind button stuck in?

Hi all, one of my Super-As mysteriously stopped working a while back, it looked like the mode dial had stopped working (nothing on the LCDs and no shutter operation).

Looking at it again, it appears the rewind button is stuck in, which I'm hoping might be the reason for the blank LCDs (thinking it hasn't fully cycled).

It's the version with the metal rewind button rather than plastic. I haven't tried removing the base plate yet as I'm unsure how the winder connection may complicate matters.

Any suggestions?

John

09-15-2019, 05:59 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Simply opening the back and/or pressing the shutter button should release the rewind button. Super-A needs batteries for the shutter to trip.
09-15-2019, 07:50 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Before going any further, let's start with the basics: Have you tried fresh batteries?
09-15-2019, 08:19 PM   #4

Rewind button won't release until you cock the film advance lever. Lever won't advance if the shutter is cocked. Shutter won't release unless there are (good) batteries and the camera is turned on.

09-16-2019, 02:38 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Yes I'm using fresh batteries tested in another Super-A, the only sign of life being the finder illumination (which I presume is a direct connection to the battery). Looks like i need to fire the shutter to pop the button down and there's a problem with the electronics preventing that.

Unfortunately, it's probably not a viable fix, thanks though.
09-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #6

Try cleaning the battery contacts and the battery cover and threads. My cover had a spot of corrosion on the inside. Once I cleaned that all was good.
09-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The problem is never the rewind button.