Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #1

Pentax K-1 with 15-30 Lens slow auto focus

Hi ,

I have a Pentax K-1 with the Pentax 15-30 and was out shooting sunsets and night shots, boy the star ones are difficult if you don't have anything to focus on. I noticed that my lens sometimes takes a couple of seconds to get auto focus to make the noise and lock on. A couple of times I would hear a beap after the shot? Is this common? I did have the dial fix from Precision Camera on 12/2017 and the tested the auto focus and did recalibration etc? I was using a aftermarket battery and I was at two bars, I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I just tested with my Pentax battery in my house and I noticed the AF was hard to lock on in the dark areas of the house.

And I still can't find the LED LIGHT BUTTON for the on the rear panel screen to light it up?

10-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For stars, you should be using manual focus (preferably via live view with magnification), and you should be able to set it and forget it.

I would recommend that you post the illumination question separately so that it doesn't get overlooked.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scottyb70 Quote
and was out shooting sunsets and night shots, boy the star ones are difficult if you don't have anything to focus on
Sunset and night sky shots are difficult for AF when there is no high contrast area for the AF system to grab on to. These are areas when manual focus is your friend.
10-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by scottyb70 Quote

And I still can't find the LED LIGHT BUTTON for the on the rear panel screen to light it up?
On the K-1II, it's the little spanner menu 2, Illumination Settings, Backside Controls.