Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2019, 05:06 AM   #1

SF7/SF10 won’t rewind!

Hi there, I was recently doing some long exposure photography on my sf7, when I got to the last exposure I flicked the auto rewind latch to rewind the film and nothing happened. As well as this the mirror got stuck in the upright position. I removed the film when I was able to get somewhere dark enough, the mirror returned to its regular position and the rest of the camera seemed fine. I figured I may have possibly loaded the film incorrectly. I have had no issues with the mirror since but I’ve shot a couple of rolls since and both times I’ve had no luck with the rewind. I’ve tried new batteries but no such luck. Has anybody else had this issue? Is this repairable?
Thanks,
Ollie.

10-17-2019, 05:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking at eBay the prices are so low I can't imagine that repair will be a rational choice unless there is sentimental attachment or the repair is diy and quick. (Your time also has value)
10-17-2019, 08:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, you may as well get a new body rather than try to repair the one you have because it's so inexpensive. Thankfully the SF7/SF10 is common enough that it should be easy to replace.