Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bnoruk Quote
Well wish I had not bothered. It worked for six pictures just messing about then stopped with no shutter release.
Put the original 18-135 lens back on dis-configured the internal setting and on auto pic still wont release the shutter.
Auto focus works along with anything else what have i buggered up?
Thanks
First to into the menu to C5: Reset

This way you bring your K-S2 back to factory settings.

P-Mode (which was recommended) is not at all Auto but P is = Hyperprogram-Mode, which I think will overwhelm you.

If Tv and Av is too complex or unknown then use SCN = Scene-Mode
Here you chose that scene which comes closest to what you aim at.

Such as Portrait, Landscape etc. whatever is best.
This will give you much better photos than AUTO

10-17-2019, 03:19 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for all your input.
I was only goofing about with my old lens as I have kept it for so long. I reconfigured the setting for the camera 'use aperature ring off' as advised earlier. to 'on' to use for the old lens. I appreciate my old lens does not have an A setting.
I have another lens a Tamron 28-300 with a 1:3.5 to 6.3 Marco. This does have an A on the aperture ring but needed no configuring of the camera as its only about 12 years old.
I tried the reset and it worked. Camera works fine.
I will use it on the SCN mode for a while then then try the P Mode.
Thanks for all your help.
Anyone need a paperweight....
Cheers
10-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The "P" mode is fully automatic until you decide to intercede on its decisions and set your own choice of shutter speed or aperture by using the front finger dial or the rear thumb dial, in which case it will instantly obey, shifting into either Av or Tv operation without your having to set Av or Tv on the mode dial first before making your own choice. To resume fully automatic operation, just a touch of the green button will do the trick. Taking control in this fashion is when the "P" mode goes into Hyper Program. This is an exclusively Pentax feature, which makes adjustments on the fly much quicker and more efficient.

The SCENE feature on your mode dial is to access a special automated set of programmed exposures based on various types of circumstances under which you might find yourself facing in your picture-taking efforts, These are the types of scenarios that might not work out to best advantage with regular programmed automated exposure, due to tricky lighting these scenes normally entail that must be compensated for. The scene selected within the SCENE mode feature will represent one of many types of circumstances from which you may choose, and will automatically make such adjustments.

If you use the "P" mode, you don't have to use its Hyper capability. You would first have to learn when and why you would want to select a different aperture or shutter speed. If you do not intercede and just go with what the camera chooses, it will simply perform as an automated Program mode, much like any other brand of camera. But the options the Pentax "P" mode offers are always right there at your disposal. Eventually, you will be able to make adjustments more quickly on your own that will be appropriate for special circumstances. But by your statement that you shot film back in the 1970's it would seem you have some experience.

Last edited by mikesbike; 10-17-2019 at 11:57 PM.