Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2019, 05:20 PM   #1

DNG & JPEG on 645D

Hi Folks and once again sorry for the newbie question.

I have tried everything but all my images come out in JPEG and DNG, I don't want that, I only want DNG. Where can I change that? This is on a 645D.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

10-20-2019, 05:43 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This can quickly be changed via the control panel (info button).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This can quickly be changed via the control panel (info button).
Thank you Adam, I have tried that so unless my camera has another hidden location I have changed it from the first RAW which according to the manual is Raw and Jpeg to the second RAW which the manual says it's only raw but when I pull out my SD cards and download to PC I get both.

Dave
10-20-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Is the camera writing the JPEGs just to one of the two cards? Separating the files is a different option, I believe. You'd need to disable that to stop getting JPEGs.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-20-2019, 08:17 PM   #5

Original Poster
Is the camera writing the JPEGs just to one of the two cards? Separating the files is a different option, I believe. You'd need to disable that to stop getting JPEGs.
Hi Adam, thank you again for your reply. The files are being written to both cards, so card's 1 & 2 both get DNG and JPEGS.
10-20-2019, 08:55 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You'll want to make sure that they are both set to raw, in that case. In the screenshot above, one card gets raws only, and the other isn't used until the first card fills up. In your case, it's possible that they are both still set to raw+.

Adam

10-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #7

Original Poster

You'll want to make sure that they are both set to raw, in that case. In the screenshot above, one card gets raws only, and the other isn't used until the first card fills up. In your case, it's possible that they are both still set to raw+.
Hi Adam, yes both are set to RAW.
10-21-2019, 11:40 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Could you please post a screenshot of your control panel? Something must be not quite be right I'd you're still getting jpegs.

Adam

10-21-2019, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #9

Original Poster
Could you please post a screenshot of your control panel? Something must be not quite be right I'd you're still getting jpegs.
Hi Adam, thank you for the help, here are two screenshots, one of the info and the other of the RAW settings where I currently have it set.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 
10-28-2019, 07:00 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmmm- It seems to me you need to scroll over to the L boxes and turn them off. I am correct on this? I know there is some nice commonality between Pentax cameras on their operations.
10-28-2019, 06:13 PM   #11

Original Poster
Thank you all that pitched in. Issue resolved.
10-31-2019, 08:17 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by macd Quote
Thank you all that pitched in. Issue resolved.
but what was the solution??? For the sake of posterity....
11-01-2019, 08:36 AM   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
but what was the solution??? For the sake of posterity....
BigDave, the camera had some electronic issues among other issues so I returned it.