Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2008, 05:02 AM   #16
Inactive Account

AA's

QuoteOriginally posted by rjburgos Quote
i have a k100d and lately i am having problem with the batteries of my unit.
Am I right that you own this camera for some time, and that the problems started lately? I.e. that it worked fine before? If true, then I would check the contacts, as others have suggested. I don't see any other possible cause (I repeat: if true).

A bad charger seems not the cause since you have the problem with new batteries too.

Your Eneloops (or related brands) should give you somewhere between 500 and 1000 shots per charge, not 50.

11-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Andreas Quote
Am I right that you own this camera for some time, and that the problems started lately? I.e. that it worked fine before? If true, then I would check the contacts, as others have suggested. I don't see any other possible cause (I repeat: if true).

A bad charger seems not the cause since you have the problem with new batteries too.

Your Eneloops (or related brands) should give you somewhere between 500 and 1000 shots per charge, not 50.
uhh...I love my eneloops, but I get no where near 500 shots on a charge.
That being said, if you are using the on board flash, the best rechargeable are going to degrade quickly.

I finally started using CRv3 lithiums, and have not looked back.
I have lost track of how many shots I get with these things. I took the camera on vacation last summer, shot over 1000 outdoor pics and 200 indoor, and they are still going strong...
I agree with others...aF seems faster

As always, YMMV...
11-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #18
Veteran Member

So instead oif using a strong lIon battery we're forced to continually but CRv3 batteries and throw them out when done.

Oh how I loathe trying to change 4 AA's on the fly.
11-18-2008, 04:06 PM   #19

I never suggested that buying CRV3's was an elegant solution, but it does solve the regular changing of 4AA's on the fly.

01-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #20

rechargable crv3

I purchased 2 rechargable crv3 batteris here at Amazon;
Amazon.com: 2 NEW Lithium-Ion BATTERY & CHARGER For KODAK CR-V3 CRV3 C743 / DX4530 / DX6330 / DX6340: Camera & Photo
for $10.68 plus 2.98 shipping.
they come with a charger, and 110v AC or 12v DC connector.

I only had them for a few days. They power up the camera, and first impression is they last far longer than nimh or alkaline AA's I've tried.

Will report back again later with a better "usage" report.
01-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #21

As cpopham says, get yourself some non-rechargeable lithium batteries.. I gave up on NiMH's about 2 weeks ago as I was getting about 10 shots from a full charge (might have been to do with the cold weather). In any case I put a set of lithium AAs in and I've taken ~300 shots since then and the battery meter still says they are full

I got myself some lithium CRVs too but I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet, since the AAs are going so strong. Might be a while before I do too
01-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Energizer NiMh

I have been using the 2450 ah since I received the camera on Dec 24th. Since I have been doing a lot of learning I have been deleteing a lot of my shots but I have noticed that I have done over a thousand frames not counting all the viewing in the LCD screen. Now I hear that I should have had to change the batteries? But it still thinks they are ok but I put in one of the backup sets and they are ok too. Maybe the difference is that I never let the built in flash fire. I have never liked flash photography and have gotten used to fast prime lenses with my film bodies so I am always using the faster lenses which are mostly manual and that means no focusing draw either. What will proably happen is finding out the hard way once I start using all those features!
Alan W.
01-17-2009, 04:03 AM   #23
Veteran Member

The reason I upgraded from a K100D to a K100D super (not K200D) is for CRV3's VARTA - System Lithium CRV3 I got 1,600 shots with these(:

01-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #24

Lol so many people have had the same problem including me. For me it was just the batteries had had enough you couldn’t recharge them and If you did recharge them you would only get around 50 shots. So I got new batteries and now it works fine.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffvictorino Quote
When it shows the battery level low, i just turn the camera off/on again.

Turning the camera on when it says no power even when it says full power again after saying no power can Deleted all your photos from your SDcard. Turning it back on once is ok but keep doing it and your photos will be Deleted.
01-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I was using noname cheapo NImHs for a while and couldn't get 100 shots with them. Recently I bought a 8-pack of Eneloops and I couldn't be happier. I've been using them quite a lot in sub-zero (Celsius) temperatures without any problems for about 500shots/charge.
01-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
Veteran Member

I've been using 2850mAh Duracells since the new year and haven't needed to recharge them yet.........of course i've not taken more than 300 pics using only manual focus lenses nor using the flash.....
01-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #27
Site Supporter

My K100D has the same issue with regular rechargeables too. cpopham is correct that it has to do with the lower voltage of NiMH batteries, but there might be a little more to it. Some K100Ds have trouble with NiMH batteries but many do not, so I think some batches of K100Ds are just especially sensative to low voltage.

About a year ago, I switched to Eneloops and now I can easily go for months of light shooting on one charge.
01-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #28

Eneloops - Me Too

I use Eneloops and get up to and over 1,000 shots on a regular basis. I don't use the onborad flash but do quite a bit of review on the LCD. The best thing that I did is to buy a good LaCrosse charger with 4 channels and the ability to "Refresh" the batteries. The first set of Eneloops that I got started not holding as much of a charge. A good refresh cycle later and they are as good as new (charging to 2,100 mAh and lasting for 1k shots again). Buy a good charger! The one that comes with the Eneloops are not even good.
Here is a Link to the charger that I have. Under $40 from Thomas Distributing.
03-19-2009, 03:02 AM   #29

Original Poster
well i have given up on the nimh batts and got this generic battery grip lithium ion battery which i purchased on ebay and very happy with the results i can get 1,000 shots before charging it and the price for it is just like buying regular lithium batts and the plus factor on the grip is that my k100 now looks more handsome.
03-19-2009, 03:05 AM   #30

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rjburgos Quote
well i have given up on the nimh batts and got this generic battery grip lithium ion battery which i purchased on ebay and very happy with the results i can get 1,000 shots before charging it and the price for it is just like buying regular lithium batts and the plus factor on the grip is that my k100 now looks more handsome.
here is the TRAVOR generic lithium batts....very happy with it
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 40D  Photo