Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2019, 12:58 PM   #1

Sticky Flash

My pop-up flash is sticking and won't pop up. Does anyone know how to fix that? I would like to be able to use it at some Christmas events and one is at night. I'm not too sure where I can get it worked on here and don't have the money to do anything much.

12-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #2

What camera body?
12-04-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it is a K-5 or something similar, the following video may be helpful (shortcut below). If you click on the title text near the the top of the video image below, it will show the video at YouTube in a more enlarged format.

12-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sometimes you get something sticky on the latch. Use a damp cotton swab to see if it fixed the problem. Sometimes a flash doesn't pop up because of corrosion at the hinges. Carefully put a TINY drop of a light oil on the hinges by putting a drop of oil on a pin and touching the tip of the pin on the hinge. Sometimes the spring or something related breaks so there is no spring pressure to raise the flash. If that is the case you can raise the flash like in the video and just stick something under the flash to hold it up.